Great news for those with Hilton status:
- If your status was due to drop on 31st March 2020, it will be extended to 31st March 2021
- Your 2020 status, due to end 31st March 2021, will be extended to 31st March 2022
This applies to Silver, Gold, and Diamond.
That’s brilliant. Well done Hilton.
This means that whatever status you qualified for during the past year, due to kick in at the end of the month, will be valid for a full 2 years. If you were due to be downgraded you get a one year extension before the downgrade. So, for example:
- Qualified for Diamond? You’ll be Diamond until 31st March 2022
- Was Diamond but dropping to Gold on 31st March 2020? You’ll stay Diamond until 31st March 2021
Same goes if you’ve just qualified for Gold or Silver – Stay that way for 2 years – or have been Gold or Silver but didn’t re-qualify during the past year – keep your current status for an extra year.
In other words, it’s just adding 1 year to everyone. If you’d already scored status for another year, you get 2 years of your new status. If you didn’t, you’ll get an extra year of your current status.
2020 is turning into a weird mega leap year. Instead of adding an extra day to the calendar, it’s like we’re adding a whole extra year and then we’ll all carry on as if nothing odd happened. Hopefully.
Guaranteed lounge access with Hilton Diamond is why Hilton Honors is one of my favourites. Even withGold you get free breakfast.
Hilton Honors also gives access to some amazing deals, like the Conrad Bora Bora.
If you had points due to expire before 31st December 2020 they will benefit from a “pause”. In other words, 31st December 2020 will be the new expiration date. This is a change to the previously announced 31st May expiration deadline.
For countries with credit cards issuing weekend night certificates, you’ll be pleased to know that all certificates issued already or issued up until 11th march 2020 will be extended until 31st August 2021.
The page with all the details of this, and cancellation policies, is here.
Remember the current Hilton bonus points promo is still valid for another 66 days, if you happen to have any travel plans!!!!
Here’s the full wording of the announcement:
Your Hilton Honors Points and Status – Updated as of March 25, 2020
We know that earning and using points is not possible for many of you right now, so we are making a number of adjustments to help you maintain your status and points across the remainder of 2020.
- 2019 Status Extension. All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020—whether it’s Diamond, Gold or Silver—will automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.
- 2020 Status Extension. We are extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months.
- Points Extension. We will pause the expiration of all Points scheduled to expire between now and December 31, 2020.
- Weekend Night Rewards Earned on Eligible Hilton Credit Cards. We have extended the expiration date of all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021).